Dentists and Orthodontists, What’s the Difference?
Are you considering orthodontic treatment to improve both the function and aesthetics of your smile? As your orthodontist in Melbourne we take pride in providing our patients with extensive knowledge regarding your orthodontic treatment process. While you might be familiar with how braces work, do you know the difference between an orthodontist and a dentist? We’d like to take a moment to discuss some of the characteristics of an orthodontist versus a traditional dentist with you here:
- Every orthodontist is a dentist, but not every dentist is an orthodontist.
- Dentists clean teeth, fix cavities, and checks general health.
- Orthodontists receive specialized education in straightening teeth following dental school.
- Orthodontists are jaw alignment specialists.
- Orthodontists are knowledgeable about proper treatments and technologies regarding jaw alignment and teeth straightening.
Dr. Chad Reddick is proud to serve as your orthodontist in Melbourne, FL. Please contact our staff today about scheduling your initial consultation. We look forward to improving your smile through orthodontic treatment.